Sunday, March 13, 2011

On the Eve...

Dear Anna,

Tomorrow is a life changing day.* You're nervous about it, I know. I am telling you the same thing I tell brides and grooms on their wedding day. If you weren't nervous about it, I'd be worried. It is a big day with a lot of meaning.

... that being said, please remember that tomorrow does not define you. A committee can not negate a call. A board can not take away your identity. Sure, they may vote no, but even if they do you will still be a beloved child of God, one who is called and claimed.

You have done the work. You have prepared. You have prayed. You have been prayed for. No matter how tomorrow turns out, you will still be you. The outcome may or may not be what you had desired, but you are a strong woman who will make the best out of whatever may come.

I promise I will always love you for who you are and who God has shaped you to be. No one will change that, no matter what you may be feeling.

Remember the quote you love so much...

"So I walk like I'm on a mission 'cause that's the way I groove. I've got more and more to do. I've get less and less to prove. It took me too long to realize that I don't take good pictures 'cause I have the kind of beauty that moves."

~ Anna ~

* written on the eve of my interview for commissioning as an Elder in the United Methodist Church

8 comments:

David said...

Well said. You know your call. Tomorrow is not about your call, but about your ability to communicate who you are and how you came to live your call. May you be blessed, unstressed and enjoy your time with the board
Peace,
David

revmom said...

Amen!

revmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. God bless you. Sleep well my fellow journeyer!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I'm sharing this with my friends in other conferences who are also interviewing tomorrow!

Sue Tamilio said...

Beautiful my friend!!!!! I love you!!! Knock 'em dead...well, maybe not literally, that might not bode to well for you. ;-)

Jerry said...

May the peace of Christ rest on you.

Unknown said...

Praying!