On this, what would be her 56th birthday, I think it is important for us to remember that Vanessa left this world better than she found it. Vanessa, my dear mother, was a teacher. Not only in the classroom, this brave woman sought to teach each and every person she met. I believe that she succeeded. Listed below are 56 lessons that Vanessa taught us.
I hope you enjoy the list, laughing at the funny lessons, and humbly remembering the somber ones... but most of all, I hope you share this list, both by sharing the list itself with others, but even more so by living out the lessons.
1. Meals can be one course. This course can be popcorn, Shells-n-Cheese, nachos, or any other number of foods that require little to no effort to prepare.
5. The only way to be happy is to be yourself.
7. Travelling in large groups is risky, especially when you don't know the language. Always have a meeting spot in case of emergencies.
8. If something seems like a bad idea, DON'T DO IT!
10. Likewise, every child deserves to be loved and to be given a second chance.