Monday, January 26, 2009

blog fluff

1. I am very self-conscious about my hands. The reason I paint my nails dark most of the time is that it makes me feel as though my hands look more slender and feminine. 

2. I feel less intelligent than my husband because he can sit and watch the history channel for hours and it bores me to sleep in a matter of minutes. 

3. I have a knack for catching people picking their noses. Be on guard when you think no one is looking!!! 

4. I don't believe in horoscopes and signs and all that jazz EXCEPT for the fact that pisces have a thing for feet. For me, I like to have things between my toes... especially when I sleep. I usually have the blanket between my big and second toes. 

5. I don't like to say that my mom "passed on" or "when to be with Jesus" or any of those other phrases. She's dead. The word "dead" is not offensive for me to hear or say. It's honest, which is how she taught me to live. 

6. I frequently cut/save coupons, but never remember to take them to the store with me. 

7. My favorite TV show is Sex and the City. One of my pet peeves is when people call it Sex in the City. 

8. When I have cravings, they are either for banana Laffy Taffy or dill pickles (especially Nathan's Pickles). 

9. I have not regretted gauging my ears once since I've done it. People keep telling me that I will, but I don't think I ever will. 

10. I keep a shot glass in my bathroom. I use it to take my evening vitamins/supplements. 

11. I used to know exactly what I would save if I could only save one thing in the event of a fire. It was my stuffed Simba. I'm no longer sure what I would grab. 

12. My favorite cartoon is Rocko's Modern Life. It's next on my DVD buying list. 

13. Anytime I chop an onion, I think about the way my hands smelled on overnights at Camp Jewell after chopping onions for hobo dinners. 

14. I detest cheese-its, goldfish, and any other cheese-like snacks. 

15. My favorite lotion is country apple from bath and body works. It's quite hard to come by, so I am quite stingy with the one bottle I have left. 

16. When on the treadmill, I can only walk/run in time with the music I am listening to. I have a playlist specifically for the treadmill. Because of this quirk, I choose to exercise on the elliptical. 

17. I am not ashamed to say that I love Barry Manilow. I have even attended a concert and have a t-shirt to prove it. That night was quite possibly one of the most magical nights of my life. 

18. My favorite flower is the iris. 

19. If I had to lose one of my senses, sight would be the last one I would choose. I would rather read than do anything else. 

20. My favorite pizza topping is black olive. I don't get to share pizza very often, and I am o.k. with that. 

21. My grandmother lived in a town called "Grover Hill." My brother and I always called it Grover Bump because it was so small. En route to "Grover Bump" I could not tell you one of the road names, but I have the route memorized via landmarks. 

22. I LOVE going to the dentist. 

23. I really miss the bright blue shag carpet of my childhood bedroom. Many nights I would fall asleep on the floor instead of in bed because I liked to read laying on the floor. 

24. While on the subject of my childhood bedroom... I lived in a very old house that didn't have heat upstairs. We just hate grates! I had a grate in my bedroom, and when punished, I would lay on top of the grate and cry as loud as I could to torture my parents for punishing me. 

25. I never knew where my birthmark was until my 18th birthday when my tattoo artist told me that he thought it was cute.

No comments: