Monday, April 7, 2014

A Week in the Life - Monday

Monday is one of my days off. Days. Plural. Pastors, if you're reading this you should be taking two!

Anyway (steps off of soap box)... 


9:00 a.m. - Out of bed. I'd lay there longer, but the hounds desperately need fed. 

10:00 a.m. - Depart on a long walk with my older dog, Lola. We enjoy a stroll through the neighborhood and only manage to get rained on for the last four blocks. 

Other activities of the day include: sorting mail, folding laundry, trying to rent a car (customer service left something to be desired), a trip to the library, reading blogs... 

2:00 p.m. - Meet friends for coffee. This turns into a bit of work talk, but I don't mind. Mid-conversation, however, I get a phone call from a number I don't know. I answer (which is out of character for me). I shouldn't have. I ended up on the phone for 15 minutes, not able to be attentive to my friends... live and learn, I guess. 

3:45 p.m. - Arrive home to get the mail. My new pedometer has arrived. Our household is joining many clergy in the West Ohio Conference in a health tracking system. We've been living quite the healthy lifestyle for the last few years, but a new challenge always spices things up! 

5:45 p.m. - The favorite part of my Monday... TurboKick at the gym! So. Many. Burpees. 

7:45 p.m. - Home for dinner and relaxing. 

(A week in the life is a blog series I'm writing to share what a normal week in the life of this pastor looks like. I serve as the Minister of Discipleship and Mission at King Avenue UMC in Columbus, Ohio.) 

No comments: